Happy Belated National Pizza Week!
Although I was in Temple, Texas for most of the week, I still had some opportunities to eat ZA.
AND my weeks go from Monday-Monday, so I’m including the Golden Globes Sunday as part of my week. Here’s my short feedback on the four pizzas eaten
Pizza 1: Schlotzky’s
- Pizzas here are much better than I thought!
- Not much sauce, but you can customize it to have any type of toppings
- Char is great for a bread/crust pizza
Pizza 2: Papa John’s Delivery
- Order their pizza well-done or you won’t get any char on the crust
- Garlic Sauce makes this pizza tenfold times better
Pizza 3: Giordano’s Thin Crust at the office
- Thin crust is awesome
- Too much cheese, but can’t do without it
- Crust not so flavorful but love the sauce
Pizza 4 : Roots Handmade Pizza (full post to follow shortly)
- Mozzarella Sticks are hands-down heavenly
- Homemade churned sausage has a great fennel-like flavor and punch
- Pizzas are not ‘floppy’
- Still go back to the Mozz sticks as my favorite memory
Pizza 5: Archer Farms frozen pizza
- Gourmet topping combinations
- Bland crust
- Bearable, but I will always defer to Home Run Inn or DiGiorno or Tomsbstone… standards