One of the hottest restaurants in River North is the new Siena Tavern. My girlfriends and I were able to snag a seat on the early side and were excited to see what the hype was about.
- The cocktails were cool: They are numbered cocktails. I had the No.2 which was fruity and Anna & Audrey had the No.1
- Portions were great for sharing! Each dish was larger than expected
- The whole restaurant was buzzing with energy. High top tables, bar seating, chic booths, etcetera
- The grilled octopus was great! Although I didn’t try it, I trust the feedback from my friends.
We had the carne pizza. The fresh sausage, pepperoni, and bacon were great on top of the pizza.
- The thin & sturdy crust handled the toppings well, but had little to no flavor
- There wasn’t too much sauce or cheese to accompany the toppings
The gnocchi was AMAZING.
- It was heavy because it was baked in a truffle cream sauce
- Pillows of dough were hard to resist
Orchiette pasta special with sausage was great as well
- Not sure on the sauce but it was unique
Overall, I may have failed at ordering because we had so many heavy & carb-loaded dishes
- Would love to try their meat & cheeses next time